Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Laundry List"

I like looking up the etymology of things- terms, expressions... Like today, where does the phrase "laundry list" actually come from?? Well, thank God for Google. 


Wiki Answers says: 
"It may originate from as early as the Civil War, when soldiers would jot a list of their items to be laundered (and hopefully returned). In any event, it comes from the late nineteenth to early twentieth century when many sent their laundry out to be cleaned. "
Read more


There is also very much a negative connotation when one uses this expression. In my mind, on a daily basis, I have a laundry list of things I must do. Sometimes when I write it down, though, it doesn't seem that bad. But each day I feel as though the things aren't getting crossed off the list. Also, others in my family don't seem to see this same "list" I have swimming through my head. Not a good thing. So, I came up with this simple system to list things in a fun, creative way that will help motivate me to do the thing (so I hope!)





I am thinking that this list will also help me get things done before they have to get ON the list to begin with. I kinda like seeing the "Do, Mi... (or do me!)" list semi-empty. Catch on to the music theme? Oh well, I get it. And that's all that matters.


And speaking of laundry lists, we got one at the dentist office today. C'est la vie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment